Q: Pass key fault light continually blinks

The pass key fault light is continually blinking and my car won't start. I hot wired it and it ‘did’ start, but eventually it quit. Do you think that perhaps this could be a starter or ignition problem or do you think it’s something totally different?

A few different parts can cause this problem. The ignition switch or key cylinder are most likely. Another possible cause is the security module. In any of these cases, hot wiring the car is not recommended as it can cause damage to the vehicle’s electrical system. If you need help with this, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose why your car is not starting and determine what repairs are needed.