Q: Pinging during acceleration

I have 2003 Honda odessey 3.5 v6 has pinging noise at excelaration

Hi There, Pinging is a result of pre-ignition which means the fuel/air mixture in the cylinder spontaneously explodes, slightly before the spark plug ignites it. There are several things that can cause this to happen. Installing the wrong spark plug of an improper heat range or design can cause problems. The tip of a spark plug can become hot enough to ignite the fuel/air mixture prematurely. Improperly tightening or coating the threads a spark plug with never-seize can modify the heat characteristics and contribute to pre-ignition and ping. On engines with spark plug wires, improper routing of the wires can have a similar effect. The high voltage in one wire may induce a spark in another. An overheating engine is will also commonly cause excessive pinging. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine what may be causing your car to ping.