Q: i have an infinity g37s.. sometimes when the car is at idle temperature gauge goes up but i drive goes to normal fans r workink

when the car is on idle the temperature gauge goes up. when i drive it goes to normal. both fans are working what should i check for

The gauge read temperature may fluctuate to a limited extent. However, on most gauges, if the pointer is past the centerline of the gauge, that suggests a problem. Generally, the engine temperature should read below 210 degrees or so. If you are above that at idle, there is a possibility that the thermostat is sticking but other faults can cause elevated temperature at idle. The principal reason the temperature drops when moving is that higher airflow through the radiator dissipates more heat, thus tending to mask any cooling system fault, if there is even a fault. If you suspect above normal operating temperature, your best bet is to just schedule an overheating diagnostic and if there is a fault, the mechanic will pinpoint it and get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. i have an infinity g37s.. sometimes when the car is at idle temperature gauge goes up but i drive goes to normal fans r workink