Q: Squeak from front right when I sit down, and whine when taken outta park

When I get in my car to leave the house it makes a sort of squeaking noise, then when I go to take off or stop it makes a whine or squeaking noise. Help?

If you are getting a noise before you start the car, at the moment you are getting in, then this is due to the suspension of the right front. The movement of the suspension and a squeak is most likely from a strut or joint on the control arm.

A simple test performed by pushing down on the car while someone feels each joint or component will isolate the squeaking part that needs to be replaced. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you pinpoint the source of the squeaking and fix it accordingly.

• Squeak from front right when I sit down, and whine when taken outta park