Q: Transmission started shifting very hard on first gear this morning

asked by on February 26, 2017

Took the car out this morning and when we come to a full stop I have to hit the gas pedal 3-5 times before it starts moving and when it does it jumps hard. What's wrong exactly? And how can I fix it myself?

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is possible that the transmission is not your problem. If the vehicle is hard to accelerate, it could be cause by a fuel system, ignition system or drive train component failure. Due to the fact there are so many possibilities, the best advice we can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection to pinpoint the source of your issue.