Q: HORN BLOWING AND LIGHT STAY ON

asked by on April 04, 2017

After replacing the battery how do u stop the horn n lights from staying on

If you only have the factory anti theft system on your vehicle then you need to remove the key from the ignition system before reconnecting the battery and lock the doors. Reconnect the battery and then unlock the doors with the key or remote if you have one. Then turn on ignition and wait for system to recognize the coded key. If you do not have a coded programmed key then you will need to have theft system programmed again to the unprogrammed keys. Sometimes even programmed keys will need to be reprogrammed by a dealer or approved repair facility with correct scanner to do it.