Q: Car difficult to start, wants to die

I am having difficulty starting my car. The car keeps wanting to die when I am driving. It shakes really bad and misfires.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Usually when a car is misfiring and running rough, there are a few different things that could be the cause. If the vehicle doesn’t have enough air when starting or driving, the vehicle will want to misfire or stumble, there could also be a lack of power during acceleration. If the vehicle doesn’t have efficient spark the air fuel mixture can’t ignite or burn the way it was designed. This can be caused by failing ignition coils, spark plugs, spark plug wires, etc. Another reason could be fuel. Lack of fuel will cause drivability issues as well. For example, a failing fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, or dirty fuel injectors can cause these issues. Also mechanical damage can cause your concern such as bent valves or damaged pistons. If the timing is off, a misfire can also occur. A proper inspection of your car’s starting issue should be carried out by a qualified technician to have your problem repaired.