Q: Acceleration issues, especially when the engine is cold - 2000 Toyota Echo

This is a used vehicle that I recently bought and I've noticed it has some accelerating issues. There seems to be a delay in increasing speed. The delay lasts for several seconds from the moment I put it in drive until it starts developing speed. The problem only happens when the car is cold. So when it warms up, it runs fine. Also, the car reverses well. How serious is this issue?

Hello. This is a used vehicle that I recently bought and I’ve noticed it has some accelerating issues. There seems to be a delay in increasing speed. The delay lasts for several seconds from the moment I put it in drive until it starts developing speed. The problem only happens when the car is cold. So when it warms up, it runs fine. Also, the car reverses well. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration problems.

• Acceleration issues, especially when the engine is cold - 2000 Toyota Echo