Q: Car loses power once it warms up

I think my problem is electrical in nature. My car will start and run all day, as long as the engine is cold. Once the engine warms up, it suffers a total loss of power. When it dies, it starts right back up and idles. I am not getting an error code.

A: If no error codes are present, this is gene...

If no error codes are present, this is generally an indication that the base air fuel ratio may be set up incorrectly by the ECM. This can occur if the mass air flow sensor and idle valve are reading/operating incorrectly, but are within the ranges expected by the ECM. The mass airflow sensor and idle valve should be inspected for carbon buildup and deposits. If buildup is present, the the parts need to be cleaned, or good parts can be swapped for testing purposes. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to run a diagnostic inspection of your power loss condition, and recommend the best path to repair.