Q: Low beams are quite dim, high beams seem OK. Although filaments turn on inversed.

I've noticed my headlights are very dim, there is no difference in intensity between DRL and low beams. High beams are bright. After visually inspecting lights and comparing to similar, the end filament at the tip of the build in the what seems to be a little metal cup lights up as bright and the reversed filament which is the high beam turns on when low beams are turned on. I have had a front end collision, rebuilt the front end, bumper, rad support, rad, fan assembly, hood. Entire headlight assembly. Although never changed anything wiring wise, blew the fuse which I replaced. Battery is fine, alternator is fine, had it tested. Would this be a headlight relay that is faulty? Or could the DRL module be the cause of this? Also when I turn the high beams on the fog lights do not turn off anymore. Also fog lights will be active on DRL, used to be only when I tired the low beams on.

Hi there. Typically, dim lighting is the result of a poor ground in the given lighting circuit. This poor ground may also account for the fog lights not functioning in the low beam position. Circuit testing with a wiring diagram needs to be performed to accurately access the cause of failure. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s dim low beam headlights be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• Low beams are quite dim, high beams seem OK. Although filaments turn on inversed.