Q: Broken ignition will it start if I replace the whole steering column ?

If I change the steering column on my Chevy Equinox 2008

Hello there, a few different things can cause the ignition to brake. If the ignition was broken due to a theft, then the usual repair would be to replace the ignition switch and key cylinder. It would be rare to have to replace the steering column. If the key is stuck or the car will not start it is likely that there is an ignition switch and key cylinder issue as well. If you want to have this checked, a qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose this fault and replace your ignition switch and cylinder if necessary.

• Broken ignition will it start if I replace the whole steering column ?