While I was driving I all of a sudden couldn't accelerate...

Q: While I was driving I all of a sudden couldn't accelerate no more and my brakes locked up. 1991 Nissan Pathfinder

asked by on August 25, 2017

While I was driving on the free way my acceleration all of a sudden stopped and my brakes locked up. Whenever I pulled over I tried to start the car back up and it wouldn't start. So what do you think it is?

Hello Typically when this occurs it is due to the brake fluid being contaminated or from a failure in the brake master cylinder. Most of the time when something other than brake fluid is put in the system the seals will swell and cause this. In some other cases the master cylinder will fail and not allow the brakes to release which also causes this. You need to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic come and [check the brakes for you] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-safety-inspection