Q: DPF filter light is on

asked by on November 01, 2016

Hi If I get the dpf inards taken out and put back on would I be able to drive my car as normal Regards Harry

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The diesel particular filter captures the soot from the diesel burning off from the combustion chamber and keeps it from entering the atmosphere. You can remove the innards filter, but keep in mind that soot will be more visible from the tail pipe. I recommend not removing the filter, but rather replacing the DPF. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you determine why the DPF light is on and suggest any needed repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr