Q: My car takes a long time to start

Shop just installed new longblock now getting code P0335 ohm out sensor it is good. Traced ckp wire up to ecm tested good and good test out of ecm. Could a fuel rail sensor be bad causing long start making ecm throw crankshaft position sensor code?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, I don’t believe a bad fuel rail sensor could cause the ECM (electronic control module)/PCM (powertrain control module) to set a P0335. The crankshaft position sensor could set the P0335 and cause an extended crank. Typically when the sensor fails, the engine is a no start. A misadjusted sensor and/or reluctor ring would be more likely, to cause an extended crank. I have seen a faulty camshaft position sensor set a P0335. Not sure if, your vehicle is equipped with a CMP. Before spending money on replacement parts. I recommend your vehicle’s extended crank be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.