Q: Won't go into overdrive

asked by on February 13, 2017

I'm driving, come to a light, hit the brakes and come to a stop. Engine is still revved, pulling on the brakes. I put it in neutral and engine reeves then after 4 or 5 seconds, finally idles down to normal. Put back into overdrive and go when the light is green. Sometimes it does it a lot, sometimes not for a while.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In most cases, this issue is caused by an obstruction of transmission fluid inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission. It can be resolved typically by flushing the transmission fluid and replacing the filter and transmission pan gasket. If you complete this and the problem is not resolved, have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to shift inspection.