Q: Q: Power steering problems

We had a blow out on the front passenger side tire. The power steering went out after. We got new tires at Walmart but sense the steering was electrical they said we had to go to a ford dealer. We looked it up and tried to reset it but removing the battery but it didn't work. Then we took it to the dealer to get it looked at. They said d they needed to replace the steering rack and it'll be $2,100. So we decided to take it home. They had killed the battery and wouldn't help is so we had to jump it. After jumping it the power steering was working with no issues and no warning signs. So did the dealership lie??? Is it good to go sense it was really reset?

It is possible that the low voltage condition was causing the steering faults. However if the steering was damaged during the tire blowout then you may have an intermittent problem that was present when the dealer looked at it and after the battery went all the way dead the system reset and if the problem was not there then the steering will be operational again. I would have the system checked again after the battery condition is repaired.

3. Q: Power steering problems