Q: Reverse lights come on when I start the engine

asked by on May 18, 2016

In my SUV the reverse light continually stays on. Driving, sitting at a red light, accelerating, starting the car - no matter what, the reverse light stays on. What will fix this?

Hello. It is possible that the reverse light wiring is faulty, or that the light bulb sockets are damaged in some way. However, it is more likely that there is an issue with the neutral safety switch, and it needs to be replaced. Contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this issue and pinpoint the problem.