Q: My car won't start, the lights flickered, and at one point I heard clicking

Turned the key no cranking just flickering lights and then battery completely dies. Get jump start from 15 Honda civic. No start just rapid fflickering And i hear clicking. Waited to let the battery charge and Revved Honda engine. Bought new battery not the battery. The battery drained recharged and I don't hear clicking. What sounds like the problem

A: Hi there. It definitely sounds like somethi...

Hi there. It definitely sounds like something is shorted electrically and not only draining the battery, but also preventing the proper operation of the other electrical components in the vehicle. This is a serious draw on the electrical system and requires a proper inspection by a qualified technician as improper service techniques may result in further damage to the remaining electrical components. To avoid any unnecessary part replacements, have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to diagnose your electrical problems.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籗ave up to 30%