Q: Speedometer, revolutions meter, and miles counter not working.

asked by on October 20, 2016

The dashboard indicators: Speed, Revolutions, Miles counter do not work. started as a random problem but now is consistent. In addition now the door lock does not work from the control buttons at the drivers side door.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. It seems that there could be a ground wire that is loose under the dashboard. If the ground wires are all good and tight, then the instrument cluster panel needs to be repaired or replaced. The instrument cluster panel has its circuits tied into the window and door switches. If you need assistance with troubleshooting the instrument cluster panel, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle at your home.