Q: Neither my electronic key or car will start.

I noticed when I got out of my car my electronic key did not lock. I then tried to lock the vehicle from inside the vehicle which did not work. I placed my key to turn on the vehicle and nothing happened. Even when nothing electronic will work. I just replaced the battery last week.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is not getting power from the battery for one reason or another. There are several things that you can check. One being the battery cables. Make sure they are clean, dry, and tight. From there you are concerned with the charge of the battery. You can have it checked at your local parts store, by a technician, or at home with a voltmeter. It is possible something drained the battery, and it simply needs to be charged. It is also possible the alternator is not charging the battery, and it was low when you turned the vehicle off. Only further testing will tell. You may also want to try jump starting the vehicle. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Neither my electronic key or car will start.