Q: Car stalls when it is about to stop at the traffic light

My car has gone around 200,000 miles. It has stalling issues, which occur at the traffic lights. When I am about to stop the car completely, the engine would stall. After it shuts off, I manage to restart it. The car has an automatic transmission. The battery checks out fine. What could be the problem? Thank you.

The most common problem is the tube between the air filter and the throttle body has an air leak that can cause the stalling. Try to get the computer scanned for codes and if you have lean codes, then look for air and vacuum leaks. If there are other codes then have them diagnosed and repaired as needed. If you need help with these checks, get some help from a certified mechanic who can diagnose your stalling issue firsthand and fix it accordingly.