Q: Car does not accelerate

Whether driving in town or on the interstate, it just won't accelerate. Even pushing the pedal all the way to the floor does Nothing! It is random and doesn't happen regulary. My dealership can't get it to do it for them. What is causing this?

These vehicles are very sensitive to someone driving with both feet, meaning if you are touching the brake at the same time pushing down the gas pedal, the computer will go into a low power/no throttle mode since it sees you pushing on the brake and pedal at the same time.

This is a safety measure due to if the throttle was stuck wide open, and you tried to stop it by pushing the brake, it will allow you to stop the vehicle. In older vehicles, it would not do this and the vehicle may not be stopped. Try to not touch the brake when driving normally except to stop the vehicle. If this isn’t the case, I’d recommend having a mechanic check the car out. They will able to identify the acceleration issue and any necessary fixes.

3. Car does not accelerate