Q: Leaking at water pump

asked by on February 05, 2016

The oil leaked from my engine, and it made a sound and stopped working.Tires don't move. A source online was saying it could be a crankshaft problem.

Hello. If you had a sudden loss of engine oil and then the engine stopped running then you may have an engine failure. If the engine loses enough oil, then it can not longer lubricate the engine and it will seize up. A mechanic would need to identify where the leak came from and then they would typically turn the engine by hand using a wrench at the crank pulley to see if the engine will move. If not then it needs a new engine. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your leak and make the repairs needed for your vehicle.