Q: Is a clunking noise at 20 mph a sign that a mount is broken?

I bought a one owner sentra and had all mechanical parts checked off except for transmission makes a clunking loud noise or a mount shifts when the car is going 20 mph or less. No effect at highway speeds should I be worried this might be a broken mount?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing it. A clunking noise can absolutely be a transmission mount that has failed. Typically you can examine these visually to see what kind of damage has occurred. You will want to look for cracks, bends, breakage, or general wear. Compare them to the other mounts for reference. You may also want to consider the last transmission service that you had done. It may be time for a fluid change in a general inspection. If nothing seems visually wrong, start with a fluid and filter service, and take further diagnostics from there. For more help resolving the issue contactor service department to schedule an appointment.