Q: RPMs issue - 2012 Hyundai Veloster

Hey so i have a issue with my 2012 hyundai veloster non turbo! So I recently just did a oil change and i have a short ram intake add to it and the issue is when im driving say im in fourth gear and im trying to accelerate my rpms just shoots up 2.5 to 4 but of course my car not accelerating any faster i was wondering if the issue is do i need to change my spark plugs?

Hello. This sounds like your clutch is slipping. Check the transmission clutch to see it is slipping and needs to have the clutch replaced. If you would like to have this looked at for you, an expert technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the slipping problem and advise on a repair.