Q: have can i find what to fix with codes p0444 and p1892

asked by on March 03, 2017

Hi when i start the car every thing seems working fine ,when i press gas .then the power goes away from tv and aircon .plus i hear a smal bank noise. light comes on transmission failsafe. what may be the most common problem for that issue ?

Diagnostic Trouble Code P0444 does not identify a fault that would cause the power loss you are describing although once the fault causing the power loss is repaired P0444 should still be resolved of course. The other code, namely P1892, could signify a fault with the vehicle’s throttle position sensor (TPS). If such a fault existed (the TPS would have to be tested to rule it in or out), that could be a, or the, cause of the problem you are reporting. To obtain a diagnostic based on Code P1892, the recommended service is a check engine light diagnostic. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM and, as well, the Mechanic will assess the relevance of any published TSB’s to your case. Once the faulty part(s) is identified, it can usually be replaced on the spot. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.