Q: When I went out and tried to start it I turned the key and power came on, only clicks - no start 2005 Chrysler Sebring 2.4 L

asked by on March 09, 2017

Ok I had went to pick my boys up from school, got home parked the car. I went out like 1.5 - 2 hours later to leave and the car wouldn't start. Turned the key and my radio came on, the power windows worked and my little keypad to lock & unlock power locks and popped the trunk worked but it didn't ever make a noise while trying to start the car. So I got a jump thinking maybe there just wasn't enough power to start. After that when the key was turned it did everything the same but this time there was also a clicking noise. What could this be?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - I believe you have either a weak battery, bad electrical connections at the battery cables, or a failing starter solenoid. The click noise indicates the starter solenoid is trying to pass current to the starter motor, but isn’t passing enough current. Check battery cable connections for corrosion and good contact first. Auto parts stores can check your battery for you for free. For further diagnosis, I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr