Q: unable to consistently shift gear from park to drive

noticed that when weather is cool I can switch my automatic Madza 2005 from Park to drive. When weather is hot my parking gear will not shift to reverse or drive

Hi there. This is commonly due to the brake light switch failing. The shifter locks itself in park until the brake is applied. If the circuit does not detect you applying the brake then it locks in park. Most of the time, all it will need is a new brake switch, though I always test the circuit first. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this shifting issue and make the appropriate repairs.

3. unable to consistently shift gear from park to drive