Q: Uncontrollable shaking

I have a lifted truck on 33s and when I hit 35 it begins to shake uncontrollably like as if a wheel bearing has failed and almost like the rotor is bouncing around on the spindle. As soon as I apply the brakes it still does not stop shaking until I am either at a complete stop or roughly around 5-10 mph. It started doing this before I had an alignment done but it still does it after the alignment, what could be doing this ? Could an I beam be loose or my ball joints be worn out?

Hello and thanks for writing in. Shaking at high speeds is often times related to tires that may be out of balance, low on air, potentially a badly aligned front end or failing suspension components or ball joints. When any of these things are not geometrically proper or aligned correctly, this causes an imbalance in the way the vehicle travels down the road and may cause the vehicle to vibrate or shake violently. this type of condition usually gets worse with more speed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.