Q: Car hesitates while accelerating - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL

I ocassionally have problems when I accelerate. The RPMs won't move and the car would begin to hesitate. The gas gauge would work though. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it lasts very briefly and then goes back to normal. In the past year, I had the spark plugs replaced. What might be the problem?

Hello. It sounds like the spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor button should be replaced. It may even be necessary to replace the distributor shaft as well. The throttle body should be cleaned as well as having a fuel system flushed in order to fix this problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of the acceleration issue and assist with the appropriate repairs.