Q: What can cause engine not to crank

A month ago motor blew front middle plug out of cylinder. Had new helicoil installed and did same thing on same cylinder. Now when turn key motor won't crank at all.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This can happen for many reasons such as over torquing the plugs when tightening them, or previously stripped threads in the cylinder. In either case, the result is the plug will result in being blown out of the cylinder which is a very dangerous situation as the potentially raw fuel coming out of the cylinder can be ignited by the plug hanging from the wire.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and replace the spark plug.