Q: P0202 and p0171

I have been reading up on these codes for a little bit and seems like no one has solved the problem on what p0171 is. Wouldn't it be cause by the code p0202? So if I fixed p0202 code p0171 should go away right? Or I would have to clear it with a diagnostics tool

Hi there. We have an article posted on this website that outlines the common causes and sources of the P0171 OBD-II trouble code that you should take time to read. In regards to the other code causing this one to trigger; that’s not how the system works. Each code is independently triggered based on a unique diagnostic code stored in the ECU. Many codes are GENERIC and cover multiple components; however, the individual symptom is unique. And yes, if you make a repair, you have to clear all OBD-II codes with a professional digital diagnostic tool in order for the computer to reset.