Q: After ice storm my car won't start.

My car started Friday with no problem. Saturday morning after the ice storm it wouldn't start. Triple-A tried to boost my battery but they said my battery is good. They think my starter had frozen. When I turn the key the dash board light up, but there's no sound of it trying to turn over.

Hi there. Check the starter wires and make sure that they are tight and clean. If the wires are good, then try tapping on the starter solenoid. If you hear a click when trying to start the engine, then the start will need replaced. If there is still no sound, then check the starter relay and see if it’s energizing and clicking when you try to start the engine. If there is no click, then remove the relay and check for a voltage to the relay. If there is a voltage present, then the relay needs replaced. If there is no voltage present, then either the wiring is burned, a fuse is burned, or the ignition switch may have failed. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.