Q: Q: Key does not turn and the steering wheel locked.

The vehicle sometimes requires a repeated turning, jiggling or in-out insertion of key to turn over and start. Once before, the steering wheel locked and it took a fair amount of maneuvering to get it going/unlock. Dealer looked/checked it over and suggested keeping front wheels/steering wheel straight when turning off/removing key to avoid locking up. I have a new battery. No other mechanical problems. I sprayed WD-40 into ignition slot once - started up smoothly for a few weeks, but then got "sticky" again. Do I need a new part to avoid complete breakdown? Much appreciated!!!

Hi there. The lock in the steering column is activated by a solenoid and it could be either loosing power or the lock could be damaged making the steering wheel lock and hard to unlock. Also, the ignition switch could be damaged causing the key to move around. I recommend replacing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your ignition switch issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Key does not turn and the steering wheel locked.