Car makes squeaking noise while brake is pressed and I'm...

Q: Car makes squeaking noise while brake is pressed and I'm still

asked by on August 18, 2017

My rotors have started acting up and now whenever I'm stopped sitting at a stop light my car will make a rhythmic metal screech .Even though I'm not going anywhere. It usually stops when I put the car in park, or start actually driving. I was asked about brake fluid but I'm showing plenty.

I don’t think this has anything to do with your brakes. You’re probably experiencing an engine noise or a noise in one of the belt driven accessories. If it only occurs when the brake pedal is depressed, than it may be associated with a certain engine speed or load. When you put the car in park, the load is taken off of the engine and the idle speed will raise slightly. Of course I can’t guess any better from here, but you can have the noise conveniently checked out by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your noisy Lexus and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.