Q: is it possible to tamper digital odometer readings?

I am planning to buy a KTM duke 200 2015 march model. It has ran only 4900 Kms. I am suspicious and i think the digital odometer is been tampered. So is it possible for local dealers to tamper the digital odometers?

A: Hello. On this vehicle it is not typically ...

Hello. On this vehicle it is not typically possible to adjust the mileage reading on the dash. If the instrument panel was replaced then that would contain a new mileage read out but the vehicles on board computer would always contain the true mileage. If you had any questions about the mileage you can take it to any dealer that can scan the computer to verify the mileage on the vehicle.