Q: When I turn the key of my car all the dash lights go on It sounds like the car isnt even trying to start it's silent

This morning I tried to start my car but when I got in and turned the key nothing happened. Usually when the battery is dead it makes a clicking noise so I don't think it's dead. All the lights behind the dash came on and so did the radio. It was quiet like the car wasn't even trying to start. Is this the starter that needs to be replaced? My car is a 97 Subaru forester forester st/b. Thanks in advace

Hi there. It’s quite possible that the starter has broken, however, it’s also common for this type of symptom to be related to a faulty ignition relay, or starter relay. Before you decide to have the starter replaced, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your problems and recommend the right repairs be completed.

• When I turn the key of my car all the dash lights go on It sounds like the car isnt even trying to start it's silent