Q: Car using fuel quickly

asked by on February 08, 2016

My car uses up fuel faster than usual.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The car using more fuel can be due to a problem with an engine sensor, such as the mass air flow sensor giving incorrect air flow readings to the computer, or you may just have a clogged air filter. If the Check Engine Light is on, then the light would need diagnosed for the problem you are having. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, run a full diagnosis of your engine and computer to check for any maintenance needed, and/or sensor issues.