Q: Car has low power

My car constantly has low power. It has very slow acceleration and fades out at 3000 RPMs in all gears.

Hello. The most common cause of this is low fuel pressure caused by a dirty fuel filter. If that has not been replaced recently, then I would typically start with that. I would also scan the computer for codes to see if anything comes up indicating a bad sensor. If there are no codes and if the sensors seem fine, then the fuel pressure needs to be checked. If all of this is fine, then it may be a failing turbo. These are a common failure and I diagnose it by monitoring boost to see if it is below specifications. If you are thinking of having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine why you car is showing a loss of power. From there, they can make any of the repairs that are needed to get your car safely back on the road.