Q: Difficulty starting the car

My car has difficulty starting both in the early morning and late in the evening. It takes a lot of attempts for it to start up. First it would make some clicking sounds, then start cranking a bit. After a couple more times I try to start the car, it would crank a little more. It takes over ten times to get the engine to crank normally. Then the car would finally start up. What could be causing this? Thank you.

A: There are several things that can cause the...

There are several things that can cause the vehicle to take many attempts to start. The most common would be the ignition switch, starter, battery, fuel pump, or key cylinder. If you want to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your car's starting issue and make the appropriate repairs.