Q: Engine light lids

asked by on February 27, 2017

Engine light and VTM - 4 lid up. Autozone scan code p0325 which is a knock sensor, where is the knock sensor located on this vehicle and how is to replace it? Is there a diagram show a location of knock sensor.

The knock sensor is located on top of the engine beneath the intake manifold which must be removed to gain access. With regard to diagnostic trouble code P0325 that code does not mean the knock sensor has failed. All that code means is the expected signal from the sensor, which INCLUDES the larger circuit, was not received by the PCM. So, the code could mean that there is a wiring fault or loose connection even as the sensor itself is in perfect condition. That Code can NEVER be used alone to justify replacing a knock sensor without first performing the required diagnostic. During a diagnostic, the connections and terminals at the knock sensor and the PCM must be checked. The possibility of an open or short circuit between the PCM and the knock sensor sub-harness has to be ruled out, as well as the possibility of an open or short circuit in the knock sensor sub-harness, and poor connections or loose terminals at the ignition coil, the injector, and the PCM. Also, the PCM may need to be updated with the latest software as sometimes that resolves the Code. If all the wiring checks out and the PCM is updated, that leaves two possibilities: a faulty PCM (rare) and a faulty knock sensor. If you don’t go through the diagnostic and just blindly replace the knock sensor, often it will not work out. If you do end up replacing the knock sensor use ONLY the OEM sensor which in your application I believe is Honda part number 30530-P8F-A01 but you can confirm that with your VIN number.

If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic - code P0325 and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you desire a diagnostic in follow up to the Variable Torque Management warning light, please request stability/traction control systems diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.