Q: Car died with a low oil indication

My car died yesterday when I was driving up a hill and my oil light flashed on. I had my car put on tester by a friend and I had an engine misfire code and an improper cooling code on his meter. I was going to get that all fixed but I had 3 people in the car and while going up a hill the car starts to loose power, it would rev up high but the speed rapidly decrease and you could feel it in the gas pedals. When it felt like it was going to shut off I tried to pull into a gas station when the car completely died. The temp meter in the dash was still at the half way point but the oil meter indicator flashed on. I opened the hood and you can hear bubbles in the water reservoir and you can see some smoke coming out the cap. I tried to restart the car and it won't start but will try to turn over.

Please help....

The engine misfire codes could be an indication of why the car died. When the engine is misfiring, it can cause a very low power situation, can cause the engine to shake, and can cause the vehicle to stall out and not restart until the misfiring issue is fixed. The other thing that could have happened, is that the head gasket could have blown, causing the car to gradually lose power as the compression gets lower and lower. I would suggest a starting diagnosis by performing a check for spark, fuel pressure test, and a compression test. If any are outside of specification, then you will need to repair that problem.

Testing the fuel pressure and compression require special tools and knowledge, so I recommend having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the cause of your no start issue.

3. Car died with a low oil indication