Q: How do you activate or deactivate the Auto Lock feature?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you activate or deactivate the Auto Lock feature?

While your car’s Auto Lock feature is designed to provide enhanced safety and protection while the car is in motion on the road, you may find it necessary to deactivate it at some point. You’ll need to know how to do that, as well as how to reactivate the system later. Here’s how:

1. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to on.

2. Press the Unlock button three times.

3. Turn the ignition off.

4. Press the Unlock button three more times.

5. Turn the ignition back to on.

6. The horn should beep once. This tells you that you’re now in programming mode.

7. Press the Unlock button, then press Lock again. The horn will beep once to tell you that Auto Lock was deactivated. It will beep twice if you’re reactivating the system.

8. Turn the ignition back to off and listen for the horn to beep one time confirming that the programming was accepted.

If your vehicle has the keyless entry pad on the driver’s door you can use this procedure.

1. Key off, out of the ignition and al the door closed

2. Enter the factory 5 digit code.]

3. Press the 3.4 button and hold.

4. Press and release the 7.8 button while still holding 3.4 button

5. Press 7-8 again while still holding the 3.4 button

6. Release the 3.4 button

7. The horn should sound once to indicate disable or twice for enabled