Q: Transmission does not shift properly

HOW CAN YOU HELP ME? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM EVERY TIME I START THE CAR (BEETLE 2002) AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION BUT WHILE DRIVING IT IS NORMAL WHEN I STOP AND START IT AGAIN IT MAKES THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH IS : AFTER STARTING UP AND WARMING I DIRECTLY PUT THE GEAR ON D BUT THE CAR DOES NOT MOVE IF I PRESS THE FUEL PEDAL THE CAR WILL MOVE WITH HIGH SPEED SO I STOPPED PRESSING THE FUEL PEDAL & I USED TO MOVE THE GEAR FROM D TO N AND THEN TO D AFTER A STARTUP AND WARM UP THEN THE CAR WILL MOVE IN A SMOOTH WAY

AND AFTER AT RARE TIME THE TRANSMISSIONSTARTS AT GEAR 3 INSTEAD 1 THEN AFTER REMOVING THE ERROR CODES BY THE SCANNER IT WILL DRIVE NORMALLY AND THE GEAR WILL MOVE SMOOTHLY FROM 1 - 2 -3 BUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM OF THE START UP D

HINT: ONE DAY WHEN I WAS DRIVING THE CAR DIED OFF BUT STILL DRIVING WITH 0 SPEED I THEN USED TO MOVE THE GEAR TO 1 2 3 WITH NO CHANGE BUT WHEN I PUT IT ON R IT DRIVES NORMALLY THEN I TURNED OFF THE CAR AND START IT AGAIN AND EVERYTHING WENT NORMAL

A: This may be a result of low transmission fl...

This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem.