Q: Why does my tensioner for my serpentine belt only move about 3" on my 2003 Santa Fe

We are changing the serpentine belt on our Santa Fe and we can only get the tensioner pulley to move about 3 inches. Is this a sign of it wearing and needing replaced

Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote

The tensioner on your vehicle should move more than this. You need to start by checking the drive belt routing. If the belt is not routed right then it will appear that the tensioner is not moving enough. If the belt is routed correctly then the tensioner more than likely will need to be replaced. If you need some assistance with this, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your serpentine belt tensioner] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/drive-belt-tensioner-replacement