Q: When I put my car in gear it doesn't move it Just idles up but wont move is it my clutch or transmission thats out? Standard shift

asked by on November 28, 2017

When I put my car in gear and press the gas it doesn't move it Just idles up and while it's in gear I took my foot off the clutch and Gas and it stays crunk. Could it be my transmission or it's just my clutch?

You want to make sure that the gear linkage is actually connected and functioning. Perhaps it is not really in gear but rather is stuck in neutral. If the linkage is functioning, the next thing to evaluate would be the clutch system and, if your circumstance is typical, the fault will usually be found there. Obviously, if the clutch system is determined to be functioning, and yet the problem persists, then the transmission itself will have to be opened up to find the root cause. To get something like this resolved, the recommended service is a clutch system diagnostic/inspection and if you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this problem resolved for you, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.