Q: Can i use gm part 55591002 for both sensors?

asked by on May 14, 2017

Can i use gm part 55591002 (radiator coolant sensor) for my water outlet sensor just to check if one is faulty , beacuse i bought the sensor for my water outlet but im not sure which one is faulty , only diffrence between the two sensors is the terminal pins. One has gold and the other has tin ....would it affect me testing the sensor? I have a feeling its a temp sensor becuase my map thermostat dosnt open when it reaches operating temp and its causing my rad cooling fan not to turn on ....and the only way the cooling fan turns on level one is if i turn on the a.c or defroster .....and then after i turn off the a.c or defroster the level one rad cooling fan dosnt turn off unless i turn off the car completely......any advice would help

Hi there. Sometimes the material of the contact on a sensor can produce a false reading or not correctly connect to the electrical harness; so if your trying to test the sensor to see if it works, and the OEM sensor is made of a different component or designed for a different use, it’s probably not best to try that. I’m not sure if it would negatively impact the ECU, but I have seen stranger things cause communication errors.