Q: 2011 BMW 328XI WAS DRIVING PERFECT NOW WENT OUT TO GO INTO TOWM IN BOTTOM LOWER DIGITAL DISPLAY BETWEEN SPEEDO AND RPM GAUGE A BIG

2011 BMW 328XI WAS DRIVING PERFECT, HOWEVER HAD LIFTER NOISE. ADJUSTED LIFTERS GOT QUIET AGAIN PULLED OUT OF GARAGE (FOLLOWED TECH STEPS TO ADJUST AND PRE-PREP CAR "DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE ADJUSTMENT, ETC...). AFTER ADJUSTMENT DROVE NORMAL FOR 5 MILES RETURNED HOME. 3 HOURS LATER, WENT OUT TO GO INTO TOWN IN BOTTOM LOWER DIGITAL DISPLAY BETWEEN THE TWO GAUGES SPEEDO AND RPM GAUGE A LARGE ENGINE BLOCK SYMBOL APPEARED. DISCONNECTED BATTERY FOR TWO HOURS NO LUCK. HELP BOTH BATTERY CABLES TOGETHER FOR 1:30 SECONDS STILL NO LUCK ANY IDEAS AND ALL EXTERIOR SENSORS ARE PLUGGED IN.

Hi Kevin. Thanks for the question tonight. First and foremost - please do NOT EVER try to reset or get rid of an error code by doing the "put the two battery cables together" trick. This often has a success rate of around 25% and often creates additional damage in the ECU. It is quite possible that during the recent service, and the vehicle was restarted, an error code was created and stored in the ECU. The only way to download and determine the source of this problem is having a professional mechanic download the stored error codes by using a digital scanner.

3. 2011 BMW 328XI WAS DRIVING PERFECT NOW WENT OUT TO GO INTO TOWM IN BOTTOM LOWER DIGITAL DISPLAY BETWEEN SPEEDO AND RPM GAUGE A BIG