Q: Car stalling

The car starts, but when I am driving, the vehicle acts as if it is running out of gas, and keeps stalling.

Hi. Its very possible that partial blocking of the fuel system may be the cause of the fuel injectors not having an atomized spray pattern, which is the foundation of your vehicle’s sputtering problem. The Fuel pressure and volume need to be checked, both at idle and during acceleration. If fuel pressure is within specification at idle and then progressively drops on acceleration, then you have a starvation issue. The fuel filter and fuel pump output need to be checked along with the fuel pressure regulator to determine the cause of the pressure drop. If fuel pressure is constant, then you may just have some gummed up fuel injectors and a fuel injector service may be needed.

Also, the fault codes need to be checked to try to determine what the problem might be. Another cause of an engine losing power during acceleration could be an air leak in the induction system leaning out the air fuel mixture too much. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect why your car is stalling and replace any failing parts.