Q: A low grinding noise when i drive straight or skmetimes when i turn the wheel on a 2003 chevy impala

asked by on December 23, 2017

When i drive my car sometimes when i drive straight theres this low grindin noise its not too loud and it doesnt last that long maybe 30 sec but when I accelerate more it goes away and sometimes when i make slight turns usually to the right the noise comes back

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Andrew. Thanks for sending in your question today. The type of noise you are describing is typically caused by a brake pad that is dragging against the rotor or wheel bearings that are worn out and need to be replaced. It’s also possible that a CV joint is worn out. Before you attempt any repairs, it might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection.